Today Mdm Anne told us a story which really changed my perspective on life.
The story starts when mdm was working in a law firm 7 years ago. One day a new guy entered the firm, a young man, just out of coledge. Her 2 co-workers and herself will always bully him since he was the new guy in the firm. Everybody in the firm loved him and practically adopted the guy as their younger brother. He was a shy person didn't get out much so, every Saturday, Mdm and her friends used to take him out to town. Mdm will purposely call his house at 9 a.m (because she knew he would be sleeping, lolz) and tell him to get dressed and ready to go on Saturdays.
It was a Friday. Mdm was already late for a class and she had a lot to do so she left early. One of her co-workers left for London with her boss for a bussiness trip and the other also left early with her because she was also buzy with work. They were all already so buzy so her friend and herself decided not to go out on the next day. On Saturday night, her friend and her family decided to pay her a visit. They were talking all night in the living room when she didn't realise that her hand phone was ringging non stop in her room. When she finally answered it and it was the new guy's brother. He told her over the phone that the new guy had fallen into a river and drowned. Mdm was in shock and handed the phone over to her friend. Her friend was already crying when she announced that they had to go to the guys house for his funeral. Mdm was in shock, she didn't want to believe that one of best friends had passed on but when she got to his house, she saw him in the coffin and next to him was his greif stricken mother, crying and talking to him. She couldn't take much more and left.
This got me thinking, what if someone I knew died tomorrow? (touch wood) What if my hand phone were to ring right now and someone told me my best friend had passed on and I never got to say goodbye, never got to say how much I loved him/her, how much I would miss him/her when they were gone or how much I hated him/her for leaving me?(touch wood) So right now, I wanna make sure that everybody I know, knows that I love you, and that you mean so much to me, and that I NEVER want to be without you.
I hope this will help anyone who reads it to realise how grateful you should be able to love and be loved, to learn how to care and not to hate, but most of all, to be thankful that you're alive today.
Love is a powerfull thing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home