Home
Well... home at last...
13 hours on the plane really does wonders for your ass.
haha
so... I guess I'm gonna havta talk about my England experience.
here goes!!
Day 1: London.
After 13 hours on the flight to Heathrow the hired car drove us to the Trebovir Hotel in London. No wifi there. Haha. And the first show I watched in London was Friends. haha. After we made ourselves comfortable, we proceed to look for some food. And I had the biggest burger of my life there. =) =)
Day 2: London.
We took the underground to Tower Hill. Which is the station for the Tower of London. Which was interesting. I could tell you about the history of the place, but I kinda forgot 70 percent of it. =) So anyway, we didn't do very much there. We went for the exhibitions and stuff and walked around the compound. So after that we went to the Tower bridge. Which wasn't very interesting for me, it's all mechanics and stuff. But my dad loved it. Go figure. Anyway after that, we wanted to go to Ripley's but when we got there, we realised that it was about 20 pounds per person which is roughly 120 bucks here. So we decided to go back to the hotel since we were still jet lagged.
Day 3: London.
First stop for that day was the Portebella market. Which kinda reminded me of Nigahiga. You know, the "Carl's Junior Portabella Mushroom Burger!" thing. =) Anyway, it was a like a antique market and my mum bought herself an old timely camera that actually works! That was cool. St. Paul's Cathedral. It was the biggest cathedral I've ever seen in my life. So grand. And I was like :O all the way. =) After that we had chinese food for lunch. =) teehee. So later, we went to this huge Apple store were we just sat and did nothing until we went back to the hotel.
Day 4: London.
Last day in London... We went to St James park first thing in the morning. Then later we went to Buckingham Palace to watch the changing of the guard. The changing of the guard starts at 11.30 and me and my sis was already saving ourselves a spot at 10. And by the time 11 came around. The court yard around the palace was so full, it was like World Stage all over again. O.o After the crowd got bored of watching the people march we managed to cabut cause we also very very bored already. Then later we went to the museum of National history. I saw a dinosaur and one of them went RAW!! then I was like: "I love you too!!"
Day 5: London-Bath
So we went to Windsor Castle by car (we rented a car to drive, no more subway for us!). And the Queen's house is HUGE!! Oh, and in the gallery, the queen had works of Da Vinci on display. And I was staring at the mirror writing on one of his art on display. Don't know why i bothered to pay so much attention to it since even if I did have a mirror, it would all be in Italian anyway. Then we continue the drive to Bath. Which is like a fairy tale cause all the houses there are so old and farm lands are everywhere.
Day 6: Bath
Bath Abbey was the first stop on our trip to town today. After that we went to the Roman Bath. Which was just pools of hot spring water really. We couldn't even put our fingers into the water cause it was 'untreated" water which means it's toxic. haha. not really. Then we made our way to Stonehenge which was awesome. But we din't go in cause it was 3.55 and the place closes at 4 so we took pictures outside the fence. O.o we sound like stalkers. haha.
Day 6-7:Bath-Oxford-Birmingham
So we drove to Birmingham and made a stop at Oxford. Which was suppose to give me inspiration. And my mum kept saying "Cambridge is cooler." And I was like O.o We didn't really do much in Oxford. Shopping a bit, sight seeing a bit... So then we continued our journey to Birmingham. But we stopped in a small little town call Broadway first. Not the sing-song Broadway, the english high tea Broadway. =)
Day 8: Birmingham
So we drove to Stratford-Upon-Avon that day. For the some of you who don't know, it's the birthplace of Shakespere. Nothing much here. Just checked out some of the houses he owned and the house that he was born in. Did some shopping too!!
Day 9: Birmingham
SHOPPING DAY!!! But of course we didn't but much cause everything in the shopping complex was designer and expensive. So I went and watched NEW MOON!!! Be jealous!!! =)
Day 10: Birmingham-Cambridge-Heathrow
I'd hate to say it, but Cambridge was kinda cooler compared to Oxford... Plus i saw Stephan Hawking! No joke! =) We were having lunch at this Chinese restaurant. i was sitting facing the window and I saw Stephan hawking and his attendent pushing his wheel chair down the sidewalk. And I was like :O Then my mum was like, "What are you looking at?" Then I was like, "That's Stephan Hawking!" Then everyone else was like, "WHERE??!!" haha. So after that little scene, we sat one of those little boats they have in Venice down the canal in Cambridge. The "puntter" (at least that's what i call them. teehee) was telling us about the history of the place. After that inspiring trip to Cambridge, I think I might wanna go there. Haha. Don't worry about that now, it's still a long way to go before we graduate.
I guess that's all I did up until now. I can't wait till I see you guys again!! I got lotsa souvenirs for you lot!!! Muaksss!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home