Sagas, sequels and trilogies.
Have you ever gotten addicted to something you don't really like?
Like for example, you eat a candy, it tastes okay but has this funny after taste. Which tastes kinda bad, but then you eat another and another trying to put your finger on that mysterious taste. Then before you know it, you finished all your candy and then you have that urge to get another packet.
Not that I've ever eaten a candy like that before, cause to me almost all candy tastes good. Haha. But for me, I get that kind of feeling about books.
For example, the series I'm currently addicted to is that True Blood series by Charlaine Harris (I'm up to book 5). Which honestly isn't really all that awesome anyway. But when it comes to series, I find myself asking, "what happens next?"
So I buy the next book.
And the next,
and the next.
Other than True Blood, I also have a few other collections of trilogies, sequels, sagas and such.
Like House of Night. Which isn't really good either.
And that Generation Dead thing. The way the zombies talk annoy me.
And a few others.
I won't mention the Twilight saga cause I might not make a accurate comment, being that I am also a victim of the Edward Cullen effect.
But I think that's how saga and sequels and stuff like that are suppose to work. By reeling in more readers out of curiosity. Which is evil. Because it works.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home